Baseball Youth Development Program
Team Participation Guidelines for December 2022 – July 2023
- Progress reports should be submitted by parents, coaches (during active months), and teachers (during school months) on all even months, except August. These reports are designed to measure a player’s display of behavior and values in the home, on the field, and at school. Teams should strive for greatness on and off the field and these tabulated scores will count for 30% of the team aggregate score. CLICK HERE if you are a parent, coach, or teacher submitting a progress report.
- Reading attestations should be completed by parents every month. Players are encouraged to read a minimum of 90 minutes per week, outside of school. (Roughly 15-30 minutes each day) Literacy is a significant contributor to player growth and reading participation will count for 30% of the team aggregate score. CLICK HERE if you are a parent submitting a reading attestation.
- Families and players are encouraged to plan and participate in a minimum of three service projects throughout the season. These events should be driven by parent committees across all age groups and guided/approved by the Foundation. While many opportunities are present during holiday months, the Foundation recommends (1) during late summer/fall, (1 or more) during the holidays, and (1) during spring. Service in the community should be an ongoing effort, is a vital element for character development, exceptional for team building, and attendance/participation will count for 40% of the team aggregate score.
- Families and players are encouraged to plan and participate in a minimum of one fundraising event during the season. These events should be driven by parent committees and guided/approved by the Foundation. Fundraising is essential to providing assistance to participating teams. 100% of all team fundraising proceeds, minus operating costs, are donated to BEMJL to support this program. Team fundraising totals will be added to their aggregate team score at 0.5% per $100 raised.
Funding Request Guidelines
- General assistance (GA) is intended to supplement team budgets and offset team-related expenses for participating families. GA requests submitted by coaches should clearly describe the team needs, justification, and compatibility with BEMJL values. Overall team score at the time of request will be used to determine the percentage of funding awarded to a team. CLICK HERE if you are a coach submitting a GA request.
- Emergency assistance (EA) awards DO NOT depend on team score and are reserved for hardships, sickness, profound loss, inability to pay team dues or purchase essential equipment, etc… EA requests can be made on behalf of a player/family and presented to BEMJL, either in writing (use form below) or in person, by any coach or family.
- All GA and EA requests are calculated by standardized matrix to determine amounts that are awarded.
Please CLICK HERE for a list of FAQ’s about program participation.